The Missouri AFP was recognized at the AAFP’s Annual Leadership Forum in April 2014 as being one of 39 states that have 100% retention of family medicine residents as members of AAFP and the Missouri AFP for the third year in a row. The Missouri AFP is dedicated to helping family medicine residents and students become involved in their specialty organization.Join Today
- Resident Membership Dues
- AAFP Dues – $30
- MAFP Dues – $10
- Student Membership Dues
- AAFP Dues – Free
- AAFP Dues for international medical students – $35
- MAFP Dues – Free
Residents and students have two leadership opportunities within the Academy:
- Board of Directors –Delegate and Alternate for a Resident and Student – The Alternate Resident Director and Alternate Student Director are elected at the Missouri Reception held in conjunction with the NCFMRS in August. Each candidate submits a CV and Letter of Interest to the Missouri Academy office. This is a two year commitment, serving as an Alternate Director for the first year and advances to the Director position in the second year. This year’s election will be held on Friday, July 29, 2016 in Kansas City during the Missouri Reception at the Midland Theatre (Lower Lobby), 1228 Main Street, Kansas City, MO, beginning at 6:30 p.m., in conjunction with the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Students. If you would like your name placed on the ballot for Alternate Resident Director or Alternate Student Director, please forward your CV/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2016.
- National Conference for Family Medicine Residents and Students (NCFMRS) – A Resident and Student represent the Missouri Academy as Delegates at this conference. Registration and travel expenses are paid by the Missouri Academy. Individuals are selected on the following rotating schedule. All Missouri residents and students at the NCFMRS are encouraged to attend the Missouri Reception. Missouri Academy board representatives will be elected. Refreshments are provided.
Scholarships for Top Student from Medical School Entering Family Medicine
Six top graduating medical students who are entering family medicine residencies are awarded certificates and scholarships of $500 each from the Family Health Foundation of Missouri. The scholarships are awarded at the Annual Scientific Assembly.
Co-sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation & the Family Health Foundation of Missouri. The AAFP and FHFM have partnered to offer four-week summer externships to Missouri medical students interested in pursuing a career in Family Medicine. The externships are available at the following locations:
- Cox Health Family Medicine Residency Program
- Mercy Family Medicine Residency Program
- Research Family Medicine Residency Program
- Saint Louis University Family Medicine Residency
- University of Missouri-Columbia – Family Medicine Residency
- University of Missouri-Kansas City Family Medicine Residency Program
Scholarships to Attend Missouri Academy Conferences
Resident and student members are encouraged to attend Missouri Academy conferences and meetings to participate in a learning environment centered on family medicine. Complimentary registration is provided to students who are members of the Missouri AFP. Complimentary hotel accommodations are also offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Reduced registration fees are offered to all resident members of the Missouri AFP.
Resident/Student Poster Contest
The Missouri AFP’s resident and student poster contest is held each year during the Annual Scientific Assembly. Residents and students are invited to display posters highlighting patient quality improvement projects, scientific research programs, patient safety, clinical vignettes, clinical research, or other projects related to family medicine. Participants are invited to exhibit work still in progress, innovations recently introduced, or established projects. Posters will be arranged in an exhibit area on display for all attendees. Cash prizes will be awarded during the Social Mixer.
*Note: Please use Internet Explorer as your browser to open any fillable forms.
Missouri Medical Schools
Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine – AT Still University
University of Missouri – Columbia School of Medicine
University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Washington University School of Medicine
Missouri Family Medicine Residency Programs
Cox Health Family Medicine Residency
Mercy Family Medicine Residency
Research Family Medicine Residency
Saint Louis University Family Medicine Residency
University of Missouri-Columbia – Family Medicine Residency
University of Missouri-Kansas City Family Medicine Residency