Members find that serving on one of MAFP’s three commissions is an excellent way to guide programs and services to best meet the needs of our members and mission. Members may volunteer to serve on a commission by submitting the Volunteer Form. Meeting days and times vary according to the commission.
Time Commitment: Meetings are held on an as-needed basis a minimum of two times per year in conjunction with CME conferences and virtual meetings and in-person at Annual Fall Conference.
The Advocacy Commission investigates and/or initiates methods of improving the health and well-being of the citizens of Missouri, representing the interests of family physicians and strengthening the specialty of family medicine, including encouraging the passage of laws to that end. This commission will also have the responsibility of evaluating and initiating changes in the by-laws.
- MAFP monitors and tracks legislation of interest to family physicians and patients
- Weekly Legislative Updates are prepared by MAFP governmental consultants and distributed weekly to members
- Stay informed by reviewing and tracking legislation through emails from the governmental consultants
Co-Chair-Keith Ratcliff, MD, FAAFP
Co-Chair-Peter Koopman, MD, FAAFP
Governmental Consultants-Randy Scherr & Brian Bernskoetter of RJ Scherr & Associates
Staff Liaison – Kathy Pabst
The Education Commission is responsible for conducting all educational and research programs of the MAFP, as well as encouraging and assisting in all resident and student affairs in Missouri.
- Learn about MAFP CME & Events
Co-Chair – Beth Rosemergy, DO, FAAFP
Co-Chair – Lauren Wilfling, DO
Staff Liaison – Bill Plank
Member Services Commission
The Member Services Commission is responsible for any publications, public relations efforts, and communications with the news media regarding public relations efforts. The commission does not speak for the organization or represent the Board to the media. They shall be charged with the recruitment and maintenance of qualified members of this Academy.
- Co-chairs review and approve submissions for publication in magazine such as but not limited to case reports submitted by residents and students, on an as needed basis
- Judge MAFP Award nominations
- Proof magazine
Co-Chair – Jennifer Scheer, MD, FAAFP
Co-Chair – Jacob Shepherd, MD
Liaison – Brittany Bussey