Chapters of the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians (MAFP) also sometimes referred to as “Component Chapters,” are a subcategory of MAFP/AAFP. AAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to their appropriate state chapter. Chapter dues and local dues vary by membership type and by chapter. If a member relocates to the jurisdiction of another chapter, his or her chapter dues amount may change.
Kansas City AFP
St. Louis AFP
The following information is extracted from the MAFP/AAFP Bylaws:
- The state of Missouri may be divided into component chapter areas whose boundaries shall be established by the Board of Directors. Such boundaries may be changed from time to time as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- Members residing in counties or regions outside this state may be enrolled in this organization when such membership is approved by the American Academy of Family Physicians. (The American Academy would seek and obtain the approval of the adjacent state before granting such approval.)
- Any member residing or practicing medicine in an area where a local (component) chapter exists shall be a member of that component chapter unless specifically excused from membership by a vote of the Board of Directors of the MAFP. No person may hold membership in a component branch chapter unless that person is a member of the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians.
- Upon application by five (5) or more members to the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians, the Board of Directors may grant a charter for additional component chapters in conformity with Chapter V of the Bylaws.
- Each duly chartered component chapter shall carry the name “Academy of Family Physicians” with the name of the district thus chartered preceding the word “Academy” (i.e., “Poplar Bluff Academy of Family Physicians”).