By becoming a member of the Missouri Academy, you will gain access to tools that will enhance your career as a family physician.
CME and Events
The Missouri Academy strives to keep members abreast of changes in healthcare. Evidence-Based CME is offered to maximize the program quality and credits earned. Members receive exclusive members-only pricing for events.
- Annual Fall Conference
- Spring Virtual CME Series
- Resident and student activities
- Represent Missouri at AAFP National Conferences: NCCL, COD, FMAS, ACLF, Multi-State Forum, NCFMRS (Residents & Students) & the State Legislative Conference
- Family Health Foundation of Missouri (FHFM) fundraisers to support future family medicine residents and students
Professional Development and Leadership
Connect with peers, share experiences, and gain leadership skills that will help you advance in your career.
- Member Assistance Program
- MAFP Career Center
- Ongoing and time-saving support from MAFP office staff
- Make lifelong connections with other members
- AAFP Member Search (AAFP username and password is required to access)
- MAFP quarterly publication and other communications
- Present CME and share your expertise with colleagues
- Publish a scholarly article in Missouri Family Physician magazine
- Improve the profession through advocacy, education, or member service commissions
- Serve on the Board of Directors, which guides the organization
Advocacy and Action
The Missouri Academy’s advocacy efforts are critical to promoting family medicine and ensuring quality healthcare for Missouri citizens.
- MAFP actively represents family physicians and patients on legislative and regulatory issues
- Exclusive legislative reports and weekly updates during session
- Get involved by presenting testimony on legislation (in person or written)
- Annual Advocacy Day events and legislative appointments
- Political Action Committee
The above link will redirect you to the AAFP membership page.