By becoming a member of MAFP, you will gain access to tools that will enhance your career as a family physician.
CME and Events
The Missouri Academy strives to keep members abreast of changes in healthcare. Evidence-Based CME is offered to maximize the program quality and credits earned. Members receive exclusive members-only pricing for events.
- Virtual CME series
- Annual Fall Conference
- Resident and student activities
- Represent Missouri at AAFP National Conferences: NCCL, COD, FMAS, ACLF, Multi-State Forum, NCFMRS (Residents & Students) & the State Legislative Conference
Connect with peers, share experiences, and gain leadership skills that will help you advance in your career.
- Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA)
- Ongoing and time-saving support from MAFP office staff
- Make lifelong connections with other members
- MAFP quarterly publication and other communications
- Member Assistance Program
- Present CME and share your expertise with colleagues
- Publish a scholarly article in Missouri Family Physician magazine
- Share your perspective through Insights: member blog
Advocacy and Action
The Missouri Academy’s advocacy efforts are critical to promoting family medicine and ensuring quality healthcare for Missouri citizens.
- MAFP actively represents family physicians and patients on legislative and regulatory issues
- Exclusive legislative reports and weekly updates during session
- Get involved by presenting testimony on legislation (in person or written)
- Annual Advocacy Day events and legislative appointments
- Political Action Committee
Get Involved with the Academy
Volunteers are the support that guides the success of the Academy.
- Family Health Foundation of Missouri (FHFM) fundraisers to support future family medicine residents and students
- Improve the profession through advocacy, education, or member services commissions
- Serve on the Board of Directors which guides the organization
The above link will redirect you to the AAFP membership page.