Are you ready for the next step in your career, or are you still in medical school contemplating your specialty? Years of planning and education have brought you to where you are today as you transition to practice as a Missouri family physician. Missouri family physicians will share their knowledge and experiences about what they wish they knew, one step at a time, as they began this new phase of their career.
Due to COVID-19, this year’s conference has been modified to be an abbreviated virtual meeting prior to the virtual Show Me Family Medicine Conference.
This conference will provide resources and practical tools to family medicine residents and medical students as they begin the next phase of your education and career. Every participant will leave the conference armed with ideas and practices that will prepare them as they start practicing as a Missouri family physician.
Family medicine residents and medical students will have access to resources they need as they embark on the next step of their careers…practicing as a family physician. Participants will experience a welcoming environment to exchange information and ideas with fellow residents, students, and physicians during this interactive conference. You will learn about:
- Leadership skills essential to performing well in their role
- Resources as well as valuable peer and family medicine expert connection
- Strategies for applying for a family medicine residency
- Contract negotiations
- How to serve targeted populations
- POCUS procedures workshop
- AND, elect your new alternate resident and student board of directors
This meeting will be held prior to the Show Me Family Medicine Conference. Residents and students may register for one or both of these conferences at no cost – but you must register separately for each meeting. For more information, email Kathy Pabst at email@example.com. Access information will be emailed to pre-registrants the week before the meeting.
- Agenda | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Why I Chose Family Medicine, Chris Paynter, DO
- MAFP and MSACOFP Initiatives
- MAFP Resident and Student Alternate Board Member Election
- Online Registration
Contact the MAFP office at (573) 635-0830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org