Our 500+ members are board certified family physicians, family medicine residents and medical students who practice, live or study in the City of St. Louis, within St. Louis County or within St. Charles County.
St. Louis Chapter Quicklinks
The mission of the St. Louis Academy of Family Physicians is to promote excellence in health care in the St. Louis Community as well as unity and cooperative efforts among the family physicians in the St. Louis Community through:
- The promotion of Family Practice to medical students, other specialists, and the general public in the St. Louis Metropolitan area,
- The promotion of improved health in the St. Louis Community,
- The promotion of professional development for its members,
- The encouragement of its members to participate in the education of medical students and residents in the field of family medicine, and
- The promotion of both awareness of issues affecting the medical practices of its members and cooperative efforts addressing those issues.
SLAFP is governed by 6 Officers and 9 Members of the Board of Directors. Both student and residency reps also attend board meetings. A nominating committee including the current president, president-elect and at least 1 board member receive the nominations and present a slate at the November board meeting. Installation occurs in early January. Officers serve a 1 year term. Board terms are 3 years.
SLAFP contracts with a Chapter Executive who facilitates the group and its activities from a home-based office. The board regularly meets in March, May, September and November. Email or phone calls are used when necessary to conduct board business between regularly scheduled meetings.
Vivian Helm, Chapter Executive
St. Louis Academy of Family Physicians
8634 White Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63144
P (314) 963-7395 | F (314) 963-7395